by the end of the day we have traveled about 5 hours and around 12-14 km by bike and visited several different villages on the edge of the mountain that is near our city!
it was such a life-giving time for me to be out in the country with open spaces, see His beautiful creation, be with sweet friends, and to have Him expand my heart more for these people.
I have been trying for about two weeks to get the videos to upload onto here but can't seem to get it to work...but will keep trying so stay tuned!
in the meantime, here are some pictures that I took to remember and to share with you so you could be a part of the work here too!
I like sheep a whole lot!
old temple we came across near the mountain
this is a tree that is believed to have some kind of mystical/spiritual power, probably because of how old it is....
but, just to the side of the tree we saw this huge branch that had died and broken off - another reminder of how all things with supposed 'power' and anything in nature that is worshipped for being 'sacred' will eventually be shown for the counterfeit that it is...Praise Him that because we know the Creator we can bypass worship of the created and can give our worship straight to Him!
sketchy bridge that was broken on one side that we, of course, had to walk on :)
I have a thing for doors!
harvesting right in middle of the road!
these little flowers were growing right out of the gutter. I loved them and thought that it was just like Father to have such beauty grow out of filth and trash...and I also thought that this is exactly what He does in our lives when we allow Him to take our mistakes and our brokenness....He works with such creativity and purpose!
wind was a bit strong so a tumbleweed got me!
windy and a little rainy but nonetheless, a beautiful day! a home in the village with the mountain behind!
No comments:
Post a Comment